Confident cooks and hopeless pot burners will equally love this Hoi An tour focused on food. Hit the market with a local to source some fresh ingredients, then learn to cook old-school Vietnamese food faves at a family-run restaurant. The best part? You get to eat your creations.
Discover the history and flavours of Vietnam during this walking and cooking tour of Hoi An. This is a place oozing with charm, and having largely escaped the destruction of successive wars, its streets and architecture are a delight to explore. After being picked up, head straight for the Old Town ready to hit its ancient streets.
Now a UNESCO World Heritage site, Hoi An's Old Town is packed with buildings of historical and cultural significance, and boasts a number of streets that are off-limits to cars. Stroll past the many Chinese Assembly Halls, from the Cantonese Chinese Congregation with its impressive main altar, to the Hainan Chinese Congregation, which serves as a memorial to 107 merchants from Hainan Island who were mistaken for pirates and killed during the reign of Emperor Tu Duc. Stop by the Japanese Covered Bridge, which was constructed in the 1590s by the town’s Japanese community to link them with the Chinese quarters across the stream.
After this brief walking tour of Hoi An, head to a family-run restaurant for a delightful local cooking class. The chef will run through the range of delicious dishes that you will recreate, then it’s time to hit the local market to stock up on all the fresh produce needed to create the feast. Learn how to choose the best supplies, and discover some of the less-familiar ingredients, then head back to the restaurant ready to cook.
Pick up recipes to wow your family and friends with and discover the tricks to making some of the legendary Vietnamese dishes at home. Sit down to feast on all the delicious dishes you’ve created, and promise yourself (and us) that you'll share this culinary glory when you get home.
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage listed streets of Hoi An
- Stroll through the atmospheric Hoi An Old Town
- Experience an authentic Vietnamese cooking class
- Learn how to shop for ingredients at a local market
- Feast on your delicious culinary creation
Tour Start Time: 08:00hrs
Duration: 5 Hours
What You Get
- Local English speaking guide
- Hoi An Ancient Town entrance fee
- Hoi An market visit
- Vietnamese cooking class for lunch (items can include yellow pancake, spring roll, papaya salad with chicken, grilled fish with banana leaf, Aubergine in a clay pot and steam rice)
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips or gratuities for your guide
- What to wear: Please dress according to local customs and ensure your shoulders and knees are covered.
- Please inform us of any dietary requirements (i.e. vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free).
- The lunch menu is subject to change without prior notice.
- Closure of sites: From time to time Vietnamese authorities close sites temporarily with very little (if any) notice which will lead to alternate arrangements being made for the tours affected at late notice.
- Children under age 6 are not permitted to join this tour.
- Meeting Point: Intrepid Travel Vietnam. Hoian Office, 328 Nguyen, Duy Hieu street, Hoian
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.