Visit cottage industries workplaces making net rice paper, thatch house roofs by coconut leaves, products from hyacinth
- Visit a Cao Dai Temple
- Cruise in Mekong River passing by Cat Be floating market
- Visit cottage industries workplaces making net rice paper, thatch house roofs by coconut leaves, products from hyacinth
- Take a sampan ride along the small canals
- Watch cooking demonstration of “banh xeo” and have lunch in a local house
Set off from Ho Chi Minh City today for the charming delta town of Cai Be, famous for its rustic floating communities. During your car journey into the delta region, stop for a stretch and wander at a local Cao Dai Temple, home to a religion that blends Confu-cianism, Buddhism, Taoism and a bit of Christianity! Set off a bit further by car to arrive at the gateway to Cai Be’s floating markets.
By boat, float past a mass of rickety river vessels where water-bound locals spend much of their time between fishing and selling their wares on land. Though the floating market here is not nearly as busy as day’s past, you might still spot locals tossing water-melons or pineapples between their boats! Continue onward through a maze of narrow canals, leading to a traditional net rice paper maker. Here can show you firsthand how they create their Vietnamese culinary staple.
Continue the day with a walking route around the village, stopping to visit a family who use coconut leaves to thatch house roofs and others that weave intricate hyacinth products. Then take a sampan to enjoy the charming Mekong scenery before enjoying a late lunch in a local house. For a special twist, watch a demonstration of how to make a favourite Vietnamese specialty - banh xeo, or a Vietnamese savoury pancake! Your tour ends with a gentle ride aboard the boat back to Cai Be and your onward drive to Saigon.
- Visit a temple of Caodaism, a religion originated in Southern Vietnam
- Cruise in the lower basin of the majestic Mekong River
- See communities whose life is dictated by the river and the cottage industries workplaces
- Access small waterways by local sampan
- Watch cooking demonstration of “banh xeo” – a famous local delicacy
Tour Starts at 08:00am, Ends at 02:00pm
What You Get
- English speaking guide
- Visits to cottage industries workplaces as mentioned
- Cooking demonstration of “banh xeo”
- Travel Insurance
- Services & Drinks (if not mentioned in the itinerary)
- Tips and Gratuities
- Hotel Pick-Up & Drop-Off Point at Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
- This is a private tour, only your group will participate in this tour
- Please bring a raincoat, mosquito repellent and be prepared for wet/rainy weather during wet season or hat/ sun-cream/ sun-glasses for high temperatures during summer season.
- Normal clothes with comfortable shoes for walking.
- The walking route takes you on village paths that may be slippery in wet weather. The order of activities may change during wet/rainy season.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the guide to verify before boarding the vehicle
- The tour is only valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 3 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-vo