Discover Hanoi’s heart and soul on this half-day walking tour of the city’s hidden gems and must-see attractions.
- Discover Hanoi’s heart and soul on this half-day walking tour of the city’s hidden gems and must-see attractions. Pass by an ancient citadel gate, a beautiful Catholic church and an impressive Taoist temple before taste-testing some local delicacies. Stop by the historical Long Bien Railway Station before kicking back on one of the iconic cyclos (bicycle taxi) to a local restaurant for lunch.
Start the morning with a walk to the Northern Gate of the ancient citadel, a gargantuan fortress in the heart of the city. Learn a bit about the history of the imposing structure and visit Cua Bac Church, a beautiful example of French and catholic influence in the city.
Stroll along leafy Phan Dinh Phung Road, in the shade of the ancient dracontomelums trees lining one of Hanoi’s most romantic boulevards. Admire the magnificent French-colonial villas along the way before heading to Quan Thanh Temple. The 11th-century Taoist temple is one of the oldest and most culturally significant in the city.
Next, stroll toward West Lake and walk along the shore of the lake to Chau Long Market for a closer look at Hanoian culture in the flurry of a local market. After exploring the street stalls, set off along a quieter alley and take a short break at a local restaurant, sampling Pho Cuon, a delicious snack similar to fresh spring rolls.
Continue toward Hang Than Street, the epicentre of Hanoi’s thriving wedding cake stores. Learn a bit about Vietnam’s unique wedding culture and continue walking to the historic Long Bien Railway Station, located on the bridgehead of the impressive Long Bien Bridge.
Wrap up this captivating tour of Hanoi with a cyclo ride. Equal parts transportation and travel experience, these traditional bicycle rickshaws move at a leisurely pace that’s perfect for photos and slow-moving sightseeing. Sit back and relax whilst weaving through some of the Old Quarter’s busiest streets and end the tour with lunch at a local restaurant.
- See the ancient citadel and other historical monuments
- Explore the chaotic and charming streets of Hanoi on foot for a closer look at the local culture
- Experience the unique hustle and bustle of Hanoi by "cyclo"
Tour Starting Time at 08.00am; Finishing Time at 01.00pm
What You Get
- English-Speaking Guide
- Welcome Drinks
- Cyclo Ride
- Entrance Fees
- Drinking Water
- Travel Insurance
- Services & Drinks (if not mentioned in the itinerary)
- Tips and Gratuities
- Starting Point: Open Space Bar & Coffee in Army Hotel – 25A Phan Dinh Phung Street
- Ending Point: A local restaurant
- This tour is suitable for travelers who enjoy walking and have a decent level of fitness. Walking distance: appx 3.5 km.
- Please bring hat/ umbrella and be prepared for rainy season or high temperatures during summer season. Drinking water is highly encouraged during summer months.
- This is a shared tour, there will be other travellers particpating in this tour
How To Use
- Meeting Point: Open Space Bar & Coffee in Army Hotel – 25A Phan Dinh Phung Street
- Kindly be at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the tour start
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the guide to verify
- The tour is only valid on the date and time specified
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 3 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.