Travelling to Hanoi city, Vietnam capital, you may be surprised by Hanoi street food, it is plentiful at everywhere that you look and is an integral part of the livelihoods of many locals.
We start our evening Hanoi street food tour at the city’s largest covered market, Dong Xuan. Along the perimeter of the market, dozens of street hawkers sell a staggering variety of produce from live seafood to exotic fruits and spices. Your expert English-speaking guide will give you an insight into the intricacies and traditions of Vietnamese food culture including details on ingredients and historical backgrounds of popular northern dishes. We eat as we go, trying seasonal foods and sampling a tasty French-inspired snack from a street cart.
Walking through the maze of bustling streets that make up Hanoi’s Old Quarter, we tempt our taste buds with the famed Hanoi dish Banh Cuon at a local eatery. Watch in awe as the skilled chefs demonstrate for you how this tasty dish is put together. Continuing into the atmospheric heart of the Old Quarter, we wander past street stalls and quiet residential lanes where you can observe local life that has changed little since Hanoi was founded over 1000 years ago.
Now, it's time for dessert as we venture down a small alley to join in the local tradition of feasting on fresh fruit served in a cup and smothered with crushed ice and condensed milk this speciality is one not to be missed. Your local guide will then take you to one of Hanoi’s best-kept secrets, a hidden cafe with stunning views over the picturesque Hoan Kiem Lake. This hard-to-find cafe is one of the few left in the city that still serves egg coffee, a scrumptious local delicacy that we will sample whilst admiring the hustle and bustle of the city centre below. Or, if coffee is not your style, a cold beer awaits. At the end of our Hanoi tour, you are free to continue exploring the area or your guide will assist you with directions or a taxi back to your hotel.
- Explore Vietnam
- Visit Dong Xuan Market
- Visits local landmarks
Tour Start Time: 16:30hrs
Duration: 4.5 Hours
What You Get
- English speaking foodie guide
- Fun and informative walking tour
- All drinks ordered by your guide
- All snacks
- Treats and all food en route
- What to wear: You should wear comfortable clothes and shoes because this tour will be done all by foot.
- We advise not to have a big lunch before our Food walking tour, we will have a taste at over 25 items along with our tour.
- We ensure the food is hygienically handled and provide a comfortable venue for the tastings.
- We can provide food substitutions for vegetarians on all tours and food allergies but you need to inform us in advance.
- We will taste really delicious food along the way so you should keep space in your belly when you are coming on our tour.
- Operate all year round. Except for the Vietnamese New Year
- Meeting Point: Sacombank ATM Machine, No 1 Dong Xuan Street, front entrance of Dong Xuan Market, Corner of Dong Xuan St with Cau Dong Street.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.