Explore the stunning beaches and beautiful towns along Oregon’s northern coast on this full-day trip from Eugene. Visit the charming towns of Yachats and Florence, browse antique shops and art galleries and stop at several beaches.
After pick-up from Eugene in the morning, pass by Fern Ridge Lake, one of the largest Wildlife Refuges in the area known for its birding and recreation. Spot Osprey, Bald Eagles, Herons and Belted Kingfishers. Travel to the Sea Lion Caves, a privately owned wildlife preserve and bird sanctuary on the beautiful and rugged Oregon Coast. You will also stop at Heceta Head Lighthouse, agreed by most as one of the most beautiful lighthouses in the world. You will have the option to walk the short 1/2 mile trail up to the lighthouse, walk on the beach, walk under the Historic McCullough Cape Creek Bridge, or just sit and listen to the rhythmic waves and take in the sea mist of the Pacific Ocean.
Next you will visit Yachats, a small coastal village which name is derived from the Chinook Indian word, Yahuts, meaning "dark waters at the foot of the mountain." The result is a rough and rugged shore where waves crash and spray unpredictably, crafting odd formations like nearby Cooks Chasm, Thor’s Well and Devil’s Churn. You will have several dining options to enjoy lunch along with galleries, boutiques and coffee shops, or maybe even a little ice cream is in order!
As you turn around and head for Florence, there will be several stopping opportunities for pictures, short walks, beaches and dramatic geologic formations. Finally, you will visit Florence and the Historic Old Town district of this inland coastal village. See the Oregon Dunes, which are a unique area of windswept sand that is the result of millions of years of wind and rain erosion on the Oregon Coast. These are the largest expanse of coastal sand dunes in North America; the dunes provide numerous recreational opportunities including off-road vehicle use, hiking, photography, fishing, canoeing, horseback riding and camping.
*Please take note that the above itinerary is subject to change without prior notice
The pickup time at each location is as follows:
- Valley River Inn - 0800hrs
- Hyatt Place Eugene/Oakway Center - 0815hrs
- 5th Street Public Market - 0830hrs
What You Get
- Return transfers from 3 locations in Eugene
- All admission fees
- Tour itinerary of approximately 9 hours
- Return transfers from Eugene hotels/accommodation
- Gratuities (typically 10-15% of tour price for good service)
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present your voucher to the tour operator on the day of your tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
The tour operator picks up at 3 locations:
- Valley River Inn (meet in hotel lobby) - 1000 Valley River Way, Eugene, OR 97401, United States
- Hyatt Place Eugene/Oakway Center (meet at ground floor main entrance doors) - 333 Oakway Rd, Eugene, OR 97401, United States
- 5th Street Public Market (meet at rooster fountain in centre of main level courtyard) - 296 E 5th Ave, Eugene, OR 97401, United States