Spend the morning hiking this stunning landscape, before tasting its amazingly varied wines.
The 137-kilometre long Columbia Gorge NSA features waterfalls, mountains, monoliths, terraces, resort towns, vineyards, orchards and The River, which harbours a plethora of fish and birds, and a community of plants and invertebrates that changes dramatically going from the west to the east ends. Together with the other members of your group, learn about the history, terroir and character of Columbia Gorge wine from your wine industry-honed interpretive guide.
In the morning, travel east of Portland as your guide takes you through the dramatic cliffs, terraces and monoliths of the Columbia Gorge, a sea-level passage through the Cascades, containing the highest density of hanging waterfalls in the world. Stop at a fruit stand or fish stand for a bite to eat if you wish.
After spending the morning hiking this sublime landscape, stop for lunch at a boutique winery, where you can taste wine in a historic building with a fascinating story. After lunch, visit the Columbia Gorge Discovery Center and Museum, where you can peruse the interpretive displays for more in-depth information on the natural and cultural history of the Columbia Gorge. Afterward, wander through the valleys, terraces, and synclines of the Columbia Gorge wine region, passing through charming little villages, while making another stop at a unique winery. Finally, head back to Portland and get dropped off at your hotel.
- To complete your booking, please send an email to email@example.com with your Order Number & Accommodation details in Portland
- Please be informed that the above itinerary is subject to change without prior notice
Tour commences at 0900hrs on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday
What You Get
- Return hotel transfers within the city of Portland
- Approximately 8-hour guided tour to Columbia Gorge NSA
- Admission to Columbia Gorge Discovery Centre
- Lunch and refreshments
- Gratuities (not mandatory, but typically 10-15% for good service)
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present your voucher to the operator on the day of your activity.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
You will be picked up from your Portland hotel/accommodation by the tour operator on the day of your tour