Adventure Whale Watching at San Juan Island
If you are looking for a wind-in-your-hair “expedition style” adventure with the opportunity to learn about the amazing whales and wildlife of the San Juan Islands, the Western Explorer II is for you.
While the “Western Explorer II” is a thrill, it is not just a thrill ride. Every trip is guided by an experienced Captain and Naturalist. Killer Whales (orcas) are usually the primary focus of our tours and you can expect to see them on the vast majority of our trips between March and October, although we can have sightings all year. We also regularly encounter beautiful Humpback Whales (through November) and Minke whales in the area. Faster boats, flexible trip times and our departure location help ensure that our sightings are as high as, or higher than, any company in the area. We will also search for Dall’s Porpoises, Harbor Seals, Bald Eagles, Steller Sea Lions, Harbor Porpoises, and many interesting Sea Birds. Occasionally, we are even treated to the sight of Gray Whales and Pacific White-sided Dolphins.
- If you wish to bring a snack, consider a granola bar or something similar as this boat moves at a high speed, which will make eating a challenge. Beverages should be resealable
- There is potential to get some salt water spray, especially when we are running at speed. You are strongly encouraged to bring along a dry bag, waterproof bag or camera sleeve for your camera
- This adventure is not suitable for children aged 6 and below, pregnant women and guests with back or neck injuries
Departures are at 1100hrs and 1500hrs daily
What You Get
- Approximately 3-hour Adventure Whale Watching
- Cruiser suit
- Hotel transfers and transportation
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present your voucher to the operator on the day of your Whale Watching.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
#1 Spring St. Friday Harbor, San Juan Island, WA 98250
For directions from Seattle to San Juan Island, please click here.