Taste and experience a unique side of North Beach and the Barbary Coast on a North Beach Food Tour!
Come to see and taste the best that North Beach has to offer on a one-of-a-kind North Beach Food Tour! This 3-hour walking tour gets you off of the main drag and into the beautiful side streets of North Beach and the Barbary Coast, offering the opportunity to discover unexpected shops, sites and bites.
As you stroll from block to block, you will stop for tastings at five of the following places (subject to change):
- Molinari Delicatessen: Pope John Paul II was presented with a Molinari salami from 8-year-old Joey
- Peña Pachamama: Historic site of a former speakeasy, serving up organic Bolivian fare
- Golden Boy Pizza: Peter Sodini’s vision of the perfect pizza
- Original U.S. Restaurant: A fixture of the North Beach Italian community featuring homemade Italian specialties
- XOX Truffles: Chef Jean-Marc Gorce offers you the finest handmade truffles
- Lush Gelato: Carefully sourced gelato & sorbetto in a range of creative flavors
- Barbara: (Monday’s tour) Lively Roman restaurant inspired by the rustic tradition of Roman pizzerie
In between tastings, your guide will indicate interesting architecture, beautiful parks and notable landmarks, all while providing a glimpse into the neighborhood culture and how the locals have shaped the area's cuisine. The North Beach Food Tour is great for locals and tourists alike. Our guides take pride in showcasing great local artisans that remain hidden to most, as well as the unique history, culture and architecture that led the American Planning Association (APA) to rate North Beach as one of the ten "Great Neighborhoods in America!"
- A fair amount of walking is done for this tour (approximately 3 hours). You are strongly encouraged to dress casually and wear comfortable shoes/sneakers
- We generally recommend giving your guide between 15% to 20% of the purchase price of your tour as gratuities
- Please let us know in advance should you have any dietary restrictions. Please send an email to email@example.com with your Order Number and Dietary Restriction. Last minute dietary changes cannot be accommodated
- Children under 5 is free of charge, unless they are participating in all the food tastings
1100hrs on Monday and Saturday
What You Get
- Food tasting at 5 different locations
- Hotel transfers and transportation
- Tour gratuities
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present your voucher to the tour operator on the day of your food tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher shortly. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
The tour meets in front of Caffe Trieste, located at 601 Vallejo St, San Francisco 94133. The cross street is Grant Ave. The closest BART station is Embarcadero and is about a 20-minute walk away