Join us for an irresistible food tour in the cultural hotspot of Chinatown.
Explore the remarkable and historic culture and foods that define Hong Kong and mainland China. Taste authentic Cantonese, Mandarin, and Szechuan cuisine from five Chinese-owned and operated restaurants, food establishments, and bakeries. Your expert foodies have done extensive and delicious research to offer you the ultimate Chinatown food tour. The tastes, traditions, and old-world class of these landmark establishments make for a true San Francisco experience. Let us tease your taste buds with the sweet and savory flavors of delectable, authentic Chinese cuisine!
Flavorful food specialties are served from five of the following places (subject to change):
- New Hollywood Bakery & Restaurant: Our favorite light and buttery buns filled with barbecue-flavored cha siu pork
- Bund Shanghai: Traditional Shanghai-style cuisine
- Grant Place: Local favorite known for Hong Kong-style dim sum and Chinese specialties
- Hunan House: The distinctive flavors of Hunan cuisine
- AA Bakery & Café: Freshly made, out of the oven, Hong Kong-style egg tarts cooked to a smooth flan-like perfection with a buttery flaky crust
- Spicy King: Serving the best traditional Mandarin Szechuan spicy Chinese food in SF
Behind every great food establishment in this city, there is an equally great story of history, tradition, and even innovation. On our Chinatown food tour, you discover these amazing histories while tasting what has made these Chinese restaurants and bakeries so prized among locals.
- A fair amount of walking is done for this tour (approximately 3 hours). You are strongly encouraged to dress casually and wear comfortable shoes/sneakers
- We generally recommend giving your guide between 15% to 20% of the purchase price of your tour as gratuities
- Please let us know in advance should you have any dietary restrictions. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Order Number and Dietary Restriction. Last minute dietary changes cannot be accommodated
- Children under 5 is free of charge, unless they are participating in all the food tastings
1000hrs on Saturday and Sunday
What You Get
- Food tasting at 5 different locations
- Hotel transfers and transportation
- Tour gratuities
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present your voucher to the tour operator on the day of your food tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher shortly. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
The tour meets in front of the East West Bank, located at 1066 Grant Ave San Francisco, CA 94133. The cross streets are Pacific and Grant Avenues; please meet on the Grant Avenue side