MIT Walking Tour
Learn about MIT history, culture and alumni; visit one of the most interesting campuses in the world; speak with students and hear their perspectives.
The Historic Tour of MIT is hosted by charismatic MIT students and is the perfect way for tourists to experience MIT! The research and innovation that happens at MIT has a profound and direct impact on lives around the globe. Our tour highlights these stories and brings history alive on one of the most interesting campuses in the world.
Your Historic Tour of MIT will include three main themes:
- MIT History: From its roots in Boston to its staggering growth today.
- MITCulture: MIT culture is stranger than fiction!
- Famous MIT alumni: You may not recognize their names, but you will certainly know their inventions!
Tour stops include:
- Kendall Square
- Stata Center
- Green Building
- Great Dome
- Harvar (Mass Ave) Bridge
- Lobby 7 & the Infinite Corridor
Tour commences at 1230hrs
Additional tour timeslots may be available according to seasonality.
What You Get
- MIT student guide-led walking tour of approximately 70 minutes
- Map of Cambridge and Boston
- Hotel transfers and transportation to and from meeting point
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food & Beverages
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present your voucher on the day of your tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher shortly. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Kendall Square outside the Kendall/MIT Red Line Subway Station
300 Main Street, Cambridge MA 02138
Look for the big orange letters KSQ and staff member in a straw hat!