Take a trip on the world-famous Mersey Ferries during this 50-minute sightseeing cruise. Explore the city and river's musical and maritime past, admire sights including Royal Albert Dock, the 3 Graces, and Liverpool’s UNESCO World Heritage Waterfront.
From the Beatles performing on the Riverboat Shuffle cruises in the early 1960s to tales of smuggling, Mersey Ferries carry a cargo of memories. On this 50-minute cruise, you’ll sit back and enjoy the fascinating commentary and absorb the heritage. There is simply no better way to enjoy Liverpool’s iconic waterfront than from the deck of a legendary Mersey Ferry. Make a day of it and disembark at both Seacombe and Woodside ferry terminals, returning to the hourly cruise at your leisure.
Learn about the history of the Mersey Ferries and the Beatles, who performed 4 times on board the Royal Iris. The performances spanned 3 distinct periods in the development of the renowned group. The first ferry performance was on a cruise in August 1961, when the Beatles were still wearing leather. In August of the following year, they performed again, changing their image to a more clean-cut look, sporting suits, and ties. Their final ferry show was on 28 September 1962, featuring Ringo on drums. By this time they had recorded their first single, Love Me Do, at Abbey Road Studios. A week after the show, Love Me Do was released.
While enjoying the surroundings you can listen to the commentary in English pointing out the sights along the river. Information sheets in other languages are provided. The tour departs on the hour from Liverpool Pier Head.
- Dress for the outdoors as it can get windy (there is also seating inside)
- Be sure to bring a camera
- The ferry’s main deck is fully accessible for passengers with disabilities
- A café bar serves local products
- There are restrooms on board
10am to 4pm.
Mersey Ferries, Pier Head, George Parade, Liverpool L3 1DP, UK
What You Get
- A 50-minute cruise on the River Mersey
- Commentary in English
- Free admission to the U-Boat Story at Woodside
- Optional stops at Seacombe and Woodside ferry terminals
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed or mobile copy of your voucher at the location
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.