Breathe history in the Archaeological Ensemble of Itálica, where you can stroll through the ruins of the first authentic Roman city in Spain, founded in 206 BC.
Discover Italica the first authentically Roman city in Spain, located just 15 minutes from Seville. It was founded in 206 B.C. by the Roman general Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus and was the birthplace of two Roman emperors, Trajan and Hadrian.
Currently called Archaeological Ensemble of Italica, visitors today can enjoy walking the old streets and exploring the ruins of the houses and public buildings. One spectacle which must be seen is the amphitheater. It had a capacity for 25,000 people and was the third largest one in the Roman Empire.
Other important sights include the mosaic floors, the Traianeum, The statues of Diana, Venus and Trajan, The public baths and the partly reconstructed Roman theatre in Santiponce. Thanks to the fact that none of the following civilizations settled over the ruins of Italica it is quite a well-preserved city and well worth a visit.
After this unforgettable experience, we will do a panoramic tour of the city of Sevilla by bus, where you can see the more emblematic monuments of the city: Puente Triana, Calle Betis, Plaza de Toros and Torre del Oro before dropping you off in the city center.
- Due to the length of the walking tour, we recommend you to wear comfortable shoes and drink sufficiently water during the walk. The order of the visit can be changed to any unexpected circumstances
- Departure time is between 9:00 and 12:00 am, to confirm the right time of departure, please call our operator's office in Sevilla ( 34 954 211 609) the day before (Customer service 10 am to 1 pm and 4 pm to 6 pm)
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
This tour starts in Torre del Oro and ends at Seville city center.