Royal Monastery of El Escorial
Enjoy a half day tour to the Royal Monastery of El Escorial. Visit the Habsburg Palace, the Kings and Princes Mausoleum, the Basilica and the Library.
Symbol of the Spanish power in the 16th century, the site was built to commemorate the victory on the battle of San Quintín. Promoted by King Felipe II, the construction took 21 years to complete and was aimed to be the family vault.
Wonder at the architectural design, based on the symmetry and balance according to the humanist Renaissance style. That is the reason why it has been considered the eighth wonder of the world, and still is one of the most singular buildings in Europe. Get to know the building formerly importance and functionality. Visit some of the site highlights, such as the Habsburg Palace, the Royal Library and the Pantheon for both Kings and Infantes.
At the end of the guided tour you will have free time to visit the site Gardens and surrounding area.
- Please keep in mind that the excursion includes several visits on foot, comfortable shoes are recommended
- The duration of the tour includes the round trip to the destination
- Royal Monastery of El Escorial visitors are kindly requested to respect the instructions of the Security: Photography and filming are not permitted inside the exhibitions
- Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour
This tour starts at 8:45am.
What You Get
- Air conditioned motor coach
- Bilingual Official guide
- Entrance to the Royal Monastery of El Escorial
- Individual radioguided system
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed or mobile copy of your voucher at the location
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
This tour starts from Julià Travel Gray Line Spain office at Calle San Nicolás, 15 (corner Plaza Ramales) and ends at the Royal Palace.
Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour.