Enjoy a 2-hour walking tour of the Renaissance and Baroque buildings of Habsburgs Madrid.
Stroll through Madrid Old Town. Discover some of its most important buildings of Renaissance and Baroque style. This area is known as the Habsburgs' Madrid because of the dynasty that reigned in Spain until 1700.
Charles I was the first king of the era and enriched the city with palaces and museums you will discover today. The city grew dramatically during the period and became the capital of Spain. Follow your guide on this walking tour and immerse yourself in the city history. See important sights such as Mayor Street, the beautiful Plaza de la Villa, Plaza de Oriente and surrounding areas. Learn about the representative Renaissance and Baroque styles.
Stop at a café of this popular quarter of Madrid and enjoy a break courtesy of Julià Travel.
* Itinerary: Plaza de Oriente, calle Mayor, Plaza de la Villa (Old town hall), Palacio de Cisneros, Torre de los Lujanes, Basílica de San Miguel, Plaza de Puerta Cerrada, Arco de Cuchilleros, Plaza Mayor, Plaza de las Provincias (Palacio de Santa Cruz).
- The tour ends at Royal Palace
- This tour is bilingual in English & Spanish
- Please keep in mind that the excursion includes several visits on foot, comfortable shoes are recommended
- This tour only runs with minimum 2 and maximum 12 people per departure. In case that this minimum has not been reached, an alternative date or cancel option without penalties (full refund) will be offered
This tour starts at 10am.
What You Get
- Bilingual Official guide
- Break at a Café during the tour (one drink included)
- Individual radioguided system
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed or mobile copy of your voucher at the location
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
This tour starts from Julià Travel Office in street San Nicolás 15, Madrid.
Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour.