Don Quixote Experience: Windmills, Belmonte Castle and Local Gastronomy
Take an unforgettable full day tour to the homeland of Don Quixote. Visit emblematic locations that inspired Miguel de Cervantes to write one of the most famous novels of all times. The tour includes lunch at a typical Mesón.
Dive into La Mancha, homeland of Don Quixote. Visit Belmonte, Mota del Cuervo and the village of El Toboso. Enter the Belmonte Castle, of gothic-mudejar style. Get to know how life was as a knight during the medieval era. Did you know this area inspired the second most read book after the Bible? Next stop on the journey is at the village of Mota del Cuervo. There, you will visit the famous windmills witnesses of the imaginary fight between Don Quixote and the giants. If the wind blows, we will be able to see the traditional milling techniques of wheat to obtain flour.
The last stop on the day is at El Toboso, village where in the novels our knight Don Quixote fell madly in love with Dulcinea. Access the House-Museum of Dulcinea del Toboso, which faithfully replicates the home of a country nobleman in those days. After the visit to the site you will head back to Belmonte, where you will savor a delicious lunch at a typical Mesón before leaving for Madrid.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended for this tour
- You must be 18 years old and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol
Tour starts at 8:30am.
What You Get
- Air conditioned motor coach
- Bilingual Official guide
- Entrance fees to Belmonte Castle and House-Museum of Dulcinea del Toboso
- Lunch in a typical Mesón in Mota del Cuervo
- Individual radioguided system
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed or mobile copy of your voucher at the location
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
This tour starts from Julià Travel Gray Line Spain office at Calle San Nicolás, 15 (corner Plaza Ramales) and ends at the Royal Palace.
Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour.