Gunsan Modern Culture Street With Jeonju Hanok Village Via West Gold Train
Gunsan Modern Culture Street, famous for taking pictures at railroad tracks wearing old school uniforms!
Take the West Gold Train to Gunsan Modern Culture Street and to Jeonju Hanok Village!
Gunsan is a city that flourished about 100 years ago. The street is famous for recreating those days. Walk down the street, which was also famous for taking pictures on train tracks in those days in school uniforms! Jeonju Hanok Village is the Jeonju representative tourist destination known for hanok and food, and most tourists walk around wearing Korean Traditional Costume 'hanbok'.
This tour is highly recommended for those who want to visit other tourist destinations, but are unable to find relevant tours, or are comfortable with free trips without guides, and prefers 1 Day Tour that departs from Seoul and return on the same day.
Gunsan Modern Culture Street
- Chowon Photo Gallery : filming location for "Christmas in August," movie released in 1988 with Han Suk Kyu and Shim Eun Han as the main characters
- (Old) Gunsan Assembly Hall : One of the top three existing Western classical buildings in Korea, with the same European style of building Seoul Station and the main building of the Bank of Korea, which were imported from Belgium
- Wolmyeong Park : Wolmyeong Park, located in the center of Gunsan, welcomes cherry blossoms and camellia flowers in spring and a beautiful fall foliage. When you reach the top, you can see Geumgang and the West Sea at a glance.
- Shinheungdong Japanese-style House : It is a two-story house with two Japanese-style buildings attached in the shape of 'ㄱ' and a Japanese-style garden. It is a filming location for the movie "Son of the General" and "Tazza"
- Gunsan Modern Architecture Hall of Korea : After repair and restoration in 2008, it was used as a modern architecture and bank-related exhibition hall
- Museum of Modern History : Museum showing the former Gunsan, formerly the center of marine logistics distribution by trade port, and the 'Gunsan, an international trade port' by displaying the nation's largest modern cultural resources. (Entrance extra fee : 3,000won)
- Patisserie Boulangerie : The first bakery in Korea is a must-see attraction! A bakery that requires to stand in line and wait but definitely not a wasted time!
Jeonju Hanok Village
- Visit to the Jeonju Catholic Church in Gyeonggi-jeon Hall, which enshrines the portrait of King Taejo of Joseon Dynasty
- Visit every corner of Jeonju Hanok Village where you can enjoy food! Best Food : Jeonju Bibimbap, Bean sprout soup rice, Octopus skewer, Chocopie, Handmade dumplings, Ozzang, Sotteokgalbi, Handmade steel Ice-cream, Moju and etc!
08:10 Meet at Yongsan station 3F in front of waiting room Travel Center, in front of Hongik Travel picket (20mins before departing)
08:36~11:45 Depart from Yongsan Station → Arrive at Gunsan Station (West Gold Train 4891)
12:00~12:20 Depart from Gunsan Station → Arrive at Modern Culture Street (connected vehicle)
12:20~15:00 Tour Gunsan Modern Culture Street
15:00~16:00 Depart from Modern Culture Street → Arrive at Hanok Village (connected vehicle)
16:00~18:00 Individual Tour at Hanok Village
18:00~19:00 Depart from Hanok Village → Arrive at Iksan Station (connected vehicle)
19:58~21:10 Depart from Iksan Station → Arrive at Yongsan Station (KTX526)
What You Get
- One way West Gold Train Ticket
- One way KTX Ticket
- Connected vehicle fee
- Personal expenses
- Traveler's Insurance
- Admission Tickets
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meet at Yongsan station 3F in front of waiting room Travel Center, in front of Hongik Travel picket (20mins before departing)