Waitomo Lost World Half Day Adventure
Abseil 100 metres down into the surreal Lost World. Descend slowly, suspended in the massive void.
Arguably the most spectacular abseil for initiates in the world, nothing in New Zealand comes as close. The prehistoric oligocene setting is spectacular, unbelievable and mind-blowing. Imagine free-hanging in this massive void, bouncing a little and turning because of the sheer length of the rope. Abseil slowly alongside your instructor who, although on a separate rope, provides information and reassurance. The abseil (rappel) descent takes around 20 minutes of the 4 hours required.
The above ground location is a beautiful landscape of farmland, with native forest planted over many years to help look after the climate and also the caves underneath. Once down in the cave, be sure to catch your breath because this is just the beginning - there’s a lot more to do and see as you explore the massive vaults, from excellent glowworms to gigantic flowstone formations.
Gradually climb back to the surface through massive craggy caverns ledges and ladders, including the legendary 30-metre “stairway to heaven”.
- You are strongly recommended to wear loose fitting, comfortable adventure clothing (no jeans) and thick long socks suitable for bush walking
- Children aged 9 and below are not permitted on this tour; children under 15 years must be accompanied by a parent at all times
Tour commences at 0800hrs, 1000hrs, 1230hrs & 1430hrs daily, except 25 December (Christmas Day) and 1 January (New Year's Day)
What You Get
- Approximately 4-hour tour into the Lost World
- Hotel transfers and transportation
- Other personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher to the operator on the day of your tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Waitomo Adventure Ltd
1227 Waitomo Valley Road, Waitomo 3977, New Zealand