Waitomo Glowworm Cave & Aranui Cave Combo
Discover two of the most precious and fascinating caves in Waitomo with a twin cave combo, experiencing both the mysterious Aranui Cave and the glowworm-studded Waitomo Glowworm Caves.
Discover a place where time and space stand still. Having been extremely well protected and known as one of New Zealand's best natural attractions, the Waitomo Caves are as awe-inspiring as they were when first formed. Head back over 100 years in time and experience the Waitomo Caves like Maori Chief Tane Tinorau and English surveyor Fred Mace did, when they first discovered the magical light illuminated by the glowworms. Marvel at Mother Nature's light display: the stalactites shining with dew, and the dots of light littering the roof of the cave and reflected in the grotto. Experience the serene ambience as you glide silently through the starry wonderland of the Glowworm Grotto and enter this galaxy of tiny living lights. Many of the guides are descendants of the Maori, bringing the cave to life through story-telling and legends of the caves passed down in Maori culture. This experience is like no other as you plunge into the darkness of caves and into a place of natural magic.
After your Waitomo Glowworm Cave tour, explore Aranui Cave, a magical and mystical place that is steeped in Maori myth and legend. It is named after Ruruku Aranui, the local Maori man who first discovered this previously hidden gem back in 1910.
- You are strongly advised to wear comfortable shoes and a warm jacket for both tours
- Children aged 3 and below (infants) are free of charge but require a ticket as well. Should you require, please send an email to email@example.com with your Order Number and number of Infant tickets required
- Waitomo Glowworm Cave is only accessible to those with reasonable mobility, with good handrails and paths - there is no wheelchair accessibility. However, Aranui Cave is accessible to everyone and is fully wheelchair and pushchair accessable
- All photography is strictly forbidden in Waitomo Glowworm Cave - this includes non-flash photography and video. However, photography and videography are permitted in Aranui Cave. However, please help us protect the beauty of the cave - do not touch the formations. They are easily discoloured by people touching them and the more fragile formations can break
- Maintain silence at all times, especially in the boat and on the jetties
Waitomo Glowworm Cave tours commence from 0900hrs daily and depart every 30 minutes, until 1700hrs (until 1600hrs on 25 December, Christmas Day)
Please check in 30 minutes prior to your tour departure.
What You Get
- Guided 45-minute tour to Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Guided 1-hour tour to Aranui Cave
- Hotel transfers and transportation to and from tour departure point
- Personal expenses (optional)
- Souvenirs such as photographs (services available and payable on-site)
How to Use
Please present your voucher to the tour operator on the day of your tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
39 Waitomo Village Rd, Waitomo Caves
Waitomo Glowworm Cave tours depart from the Waitomo Glowworm Caves Visitor Centre. You will then self-drive to the Ruakuri Visitor Centre on Tumutumu Rd, 5 minutes away.