Waitomo Black Labyrinth
Float down an underground river, slip into fast waters, jump off waterfalls and take in the magic of the glow worm studded Ruakuri Cave.
After checking in and meeting your friendly and passionate guides, it’s time to gear up and test out your tubing skills. Once you’re comfortable in your tube, you will enter the cave through a hole in the rock and be straight into the underground waters. Spend the next 3 hours weaving around and climbing over rocks, jumping off "not-too-high" waterfalls, floating beneath a sky of glow worms and, most importantly, having the most fun you’ve ever had in the dark.
After your trip, warm up with a hot shower and enjoy some free snacks at the Waitomo Homestead, where your tour ends.
- Your packing list should include swimwear and a towel
- Cameras and GoPro's can't be taken on this tour for safety reasons; you are able to purchase souvenir photographs after your tour
- Please be advised that although swimming is not a necessity, you do need to be comfortable in water
- Please be informed that the minimum age for participation is 12 years old
Black Labyrinth tours commence from 0900hrs daily and depart every 90 minutes, until 1500hrs
Please check in 30 minutes prior to your tour departure.
What You Get
- Approximately 3-hour Black Water Rafting tour in Ruakuri Cave
- Wetsuits and other equipment
- Hotel transfers and transportation to and from tour departure point
- Personal expenses (optional)
- Souvenirs such as photographs (services available and payable on-site)
How to Use
Please present your voucher to the tour operator on the day of your tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Tours depart from the Waitomo Homestead
584 State Highway 3, Waitomo 3977, New Zealand