Waitomo Black Abyss
Abseil to the depths of the earth, zipline through a glow worm studded cave, climb underground waterfalls and tube through fast-flowing waters.
After checking in, you will meet your expert guides, who will help you gear up and teach you the basic abseiling and tubing skills you will need in the cave. It’s then time to abseil 35 metres into the depths of Ruakuri Cave. The fun doesn’t stop there though - your guide will then connect you to a zipline and you will fly through the pitch-black cave, beneath a sky of glow worms. After a quick snack, it is time to collect your tube and jump into the water, where you will float below a living sky and raft underground rapids. Your guides will then send your tubes to the top of the cave and you’ll be free to climb over rocks and up waterfalls, and float through fast-flowing waters using the buoyancy of your wetsuit. Get to test your limits on this unforgettable journey.
Once your tour finishes, warm up with a long-awaited hot shower and head to the Long Black Café for free soup and bagels.
- Your packing list should include swimwear and a towel
- Cameras and GoPro's can't be taken on this tour for safety reasons; you are able to purchase souvenir photographs after your tour
- Please be advised that although swimming is not a necessity, you do need to be comfortable in water
- Please be informed that the minimum age for participation is 16 years old and the minimum weight is 45kg
Black Abyss tours operates daily at 0900hrs and 1100hrs
Please check in 30 minutes prior to your tour departure.
What You Get
- Approximately 5-hour Black Water Rafting adventure in Ruakuri Cave
- Wetsuits and other equipment
- Hotel transfers and transportation to and from tour departure point
- Personal expenses (optional)
- Souvenirs such as photographs (services available and payable on-site)
How to Use
Please present your voucher to the tour operator on the day of your tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Tours depart from the Waitomo Homestead
584 State Highway 3, Waitomo 3977, New Zealand