Marvel at Glowworms right up close in the magical Ruakuri Cave. Journey down through the spectacular spiral entrance, marvel at the limestone formations and crystal tapestries in this uniquely sustainable experience.
Ruakuri Cave is an experience that must be seen to be believed. Offering a captivating blend of the most compelling subterranean experiences, such as the magical glowworms, it will leave you open-mouthed, awe-struck and humbled by the sheer majesty of nature.
Begin the tour by journeying down through the spectacular, man-made spiral entrance. Marvel at the softly folding shawl-like limestone formations and crystal tapestries while listening to the distant thunder of subterranean waterfalls. If you want to see glowworms up-close and personal and learn about their fascinating life, then this is the tour for you. Photography is permitted in Ruakuri Cave, but not in the Waitomo Glowworm Cave.
Major features of the Ruakuri Cave tour include: Holdens Cavern (named after James Holden who first opened the cave to the public), The Drum Passage, The Pretties, and The Ghost Passage. With clever and innovative design, Ruakuri Cave has full wheelchair and pushchair access and both the cave and its visitor centre is proudly powered by 100% renewable energy.
- You are strongly advised to wear comfortable shoes and a warm jacket
- Admission into Ruakuri Cave is free of charge for children aged 3 and below. However, they will still require a ticket. Should you require, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Order Number and Number of tickets required
- Ruakuri Cave is accessible to everyone and is fully wheelchair and pushchair accessable
- Photography and videography are permitted in selected areas of the cave
Tours depart daily from 0900hrs (last tour at 1530hrs), except Christmas Day
Check in 30 minutes prior to tour departure
What You Get
- Admission into Ruakuri Cave
- Hotel transfers and transportation to and from Ruakuri Cave
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher upon entry at the attraction.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Ruakuri Visitor Centre, Tumutumu Road, Waitomo