Discover serenity in the most delicate and intimate of the main caves in Waitomo.
Explore Aranui Cave, a magical and mystical place that is steeped in Maori myth and legend. It is named after Ruruku Aranui, the local Maori man who first discovered this previously hidden gem back in 1910.
- You are strongly encouraged to wear comfortable shoes and a warm jacket for the tour. Don't forget your camera!
- Children aged 3 and below (infants) are free of charge but require a ticket as well. Should you require, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Order Number and Number of Infant tickets required
- Photography and videography are permitted in Aranui Cave. However, please help us protect the beauty of the cave - do not touch the formations. They are easily discoloured by people touching them and the more fragile formations can break
Tours operate daily at 0930hrs, 1100hrs, 1300hrs, 1430hrs & 1600hrs
What You Get
- Guided 1-hour tour to Aranui Cave
- Hotel transfers and transportation to and from tour departure point
- Personal expenses (optional)
- Souvenirs such as photographs (services available and payable on-site)
How to Use
Please present your voucher to the tour operator on the day of your tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
39 Waitomo Village Rd, Waitomo Caves
Check in at the Visitors Centre, then self-drive to Ruakuri Bush Walk for your tour. Follow the signs located at the corner of Ruakuri Road and Tumutumu Road down to the lower carpark, where you will wait for your guide.