Waitomo Glowworm Express from Auckland to Rotorua
Enjoy a scenic tour from Auckland to Rotorua, stopping for a guided tour of the Waitomo Glowworm Caves along the way.
Leaving Auckland in the morning, you travel through the Waikato and King Country regions, passing by flourishing farmland and picturesque countryside. Your experienced local driver guide will provide entertaining commentary and point out highlights along the way.
On arrival in the small town of Waitomo, take a trip underground with a 45-minute guided tour through the world famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves, a series of limestone caves formed over 30 million years ago. Learn all about stalagmites, stalactites and other intriguing rock formations as you walk through the caverns, and finish the tour with an enchanting boat ride through the Glowworm Grotto, illuminated by thousands of tiny glowworms.
Your journey to Rotorua continues, passing through the beautiful Fitzgerald Glade where trees arch over the road to form a tunnel of natural greenery. The tour then concludes at Rotorua i-SITE, in a city where you can view geothermal activity, Māori culture, spectacular scenery and more.
- You are strongly recommended to wear comfortable walking shoes and a warm jacket for this tour
- Children aged 2 and below are free of charge but still require tickets for accurate headcount. Should you be bringing along any children aged 2 and below, please send an email to email@example.com with your Order Number & No. of Infant tickets required
Tour departs at 0730hrs daily. You will arrive in Rotorua at approximately 1330hrs
What You Get
- Transfers from Auckland to Rotorua in a premium coach
- Waitomo Glowworm Caves guided tour
- Glowworm grotto boat ride
- Waikato and King Country scenery
- Entertaining driver commentary
- Complimentary WiFi
- Hotel transfers
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher to the tour operator on the day of your tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
InterCity Sky City Bus Terminal
102 Hobson Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand