Take a full-day tour to the fascinating Waitomo Glowworm Caves in the Central North Island.
Leaving Auckland in the morning, you travel through rolling farmland into the Waikato and King Country regions. Your local driver guide will point out highlights of the region along the way, as well as provide an entertaining insight into New Zealand life and culture.
After arriving in the small town of Waitomo, you will be taken on a 45-minute guided tour through the world famous Glowworm Caves. Formed from limestone over 30 million years ago, the caves were first discovered in 1887 and are now one of New Zealand’s most popular tourist destinations. During your 45-minute guided tour, you’ll wander through subterranean caverns and learn about stalagmites, stalactites, helictites and other spectacular rock formations. Finish off your tour with a short but enchanting boat ride travelling through the Glowworm Grotto, where thousands of glowworms light up the darkness like tiny stars.
After your Glowworm Caves tour, you will have leisure time at the Waitomo visitor complex, where you can enjoy the stunning views and learn more about the region. Restaurant and cafe style meals are available (at your own expense). After your Waitomo experience draws to a close, board the coach for the return trip to Auckland, arriving in the afternoon.
- You are strongly recommended to wear comfortable walking shoes and a warm jacket for this tour
- Children aged 2 and below are free of charge but still require tickets for accurate headcount. Should you be bringing along any children aged 2 and below, please send an email to email@example.com with your Order Number & No. of Infant tickets required
Tour departs at 0730hrs daily
What You Get
- Return transfers from Auckland in a premium coach
- Waitomo Glowworm Caves guided tour
- Glowworm grotto boat ride
- Waikato and King Country scenery
- Entertaining driver commentary
- Complimentary WiFi
- Hotel transfers
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher to the tour operator on the day of your tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
InterCity Sky City Bus Terminal
102 Hobson Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand