Te Puia, Rainbow Springs and Agrodome Day Tour with Hobbiton Movie Set (Rotorua to Auckland)
Get up close to Māori culture and New Zealand's natural wonders, then take a journey into Middle-earth all in one day!
Your full-day tour begins with a morning sightseeing tour around three of Rotorua's iconic visitor attractions. Visit the cultural centre at Te Puia and gain an insight into Māori traditions and ways of life, before entering a geothermal wonderland of impressive geysers and boiling mud pools.
See New Zealand's agricultural industry in action with a sheep-shearing display and sheep dog trials at the Agrodome. Then, visit Rainbow Springs, a nature park which showcases native flora and fauna including the famous New Zealand kiwi.
Following the show, enjoy a scenic drive across the Kaimai Ranges to the picturesque 1,250-acre farm near Matamata, where scenes from the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies were filmed. Take a guided tour and learn how this working farm was transformed into The Shire from Middle-earth. Your guide will show you Hobbit holes, the Green Dragon Inn, the Mill and many other structures from the movies. After your Hobbiton Movie Set tour, continue your journey to Auckland.
- Should you wish to opt for the complimetary return hotel transfers, please send an email to email@example.com with your Order Number and Accommodation Details
- Children aged 2 and below are free of charge, provided they do not occupy a seat. Please send an email to let us know should you be bringing along any children aged 2 and below
Tour commences at 0725hrs from Rotorua i-SITE Visitor Information Centre
What You Get
- Half-day tour to Te Puia Māori Arts and Crafts Institute, Whakarewarema Thermal Valley, Agrodome sheep show and Rainbow Springs Nature Park
- Hobbiton Movie Set guided tour
- Complimentary return transfers from your accommodation
- Personal expenses (optional)
- Breakfast or morning tea
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher to the tour operator on the day of your tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
You will be picked up by the operator from your Rotorua accommodation on the day of your tour. Should you choose not to opt for the hotel transfer, the tour departs at Rotorua i-SITE Visitor Information Centre, 1167 Fenton Street, Rotorua 3007, New Zealand