Te Puia - Te Pō Experience
The Te Pō Tour is a one of a kind feast of storytelling, entertainment and Māori cuisine.
Be enriched with a deeper understanding of Māori traditions and absorb the unforgettable sights of this top Rotorua attraction at nightfall.
- Taste an exquisite Māori feast prepared in the traditional Hangi style. You will be treated to an entrée of New Zealand mussels, corn on the cob, traditional rewana bread and dips, and a local drink made from kawakawa extract and manuka honey. The Hangi prepared meals are accompanied by flavoured meats, chicken, lamb, vegetables and salads. A range of drinks are available to complement your meal including wine, beer, juices, tea and coffee. We recommend leaving room for dessert, as you will definitely find something to satisfy your sweet tooth
- After dinner, board the motorised waka (people mover) for a journey Through the Valley Under Lights. Be awed by the magical evening sights of Te Puia's geothermal valley. You'll disembark the waka right in front of the Pohutu Geyser, illuminated in its full glory beneath a starry sky. Marvel at the sight of this glorious natural wonder, while your tour guide entertains you with traditional Māori mythology and stories
- Be enthralled by Māori cultural performances, featuring traditional storytelling and entertainment. You even get the opportunity to participate in the graceful poi dance or ferocious haka, for a more intimate Maori cultural experience
Your Te Pō Experience operates from 1800hrs to 2100hrs
What You Get
- Approximately 3-hour evening experience in Te Puia
- Hangi dinner
- Hotel transfers and transportation to and from Te Puia
- Personal expenses
How to Use
Please present a voucher upon entry on the day of your visit.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Hemo Road, Tihiotonga, Rotorua 3040, New Zealand