Rangitaiki River Rafting (Grade 3 - 4)
From the buzz of "Geoff’s Joy" - a torrent of
white water - to stunning views of both native and plantation forest, this trip has something for everyone.
Featuring 14km of white water exhilaration and fantastic scenery, the Rangitaiki grade 3-4 experience is the next level expedition combining the beauty of 100% Pure New Zealand native bush and plantation forest with the rushing rapids and foamy white waters of "Geoff’s Joy", a torrent and the primary Grade 4 rapid.
The Rangitaiki is an ideal river to "get the hang of it" before hurtling yourself into the fast action of the Wairoa or Kaituna. It is sheer solitude, fun and excitement without the steep drops experienced on the Grade 5 rivers.
- Children aged 9 and below cannot participate in this activity due to safety reasons; children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a paying adult
- Recommended weight for participation is 40kg - 125kg
- Trips are subject to minimum group sizes, water levels and weather conditions. Should your rafting trip be cancelled due to any circumstances. you will be informed by the operator accordingly
- Should you wish to opt for the complimentary pickup from central Rotorua accommodation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Order Number and Accommodation Details
Rafting trips commence at 1130hrs daily
What You Get
- Approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes on the water
- Full training prior to rafting
- Rafting equipment such as safety helmets, life jackets, wetsuits and wetsuit booties
- Hot shower
- Complimentary pickup from central Rotorua accommodation
- Swimsuit and towel (please bring your own!)
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher to the operator on the day of your rafting.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Murupara Motorcamp, 963 State Highway 38, Murupara, Rotorua 3025, New Zealand
If you have opted for pickup from your accommodation, you will be picked up by the operator approximately 1 hour before your trip.