Rangitaiki River - Grade 2 Scenic Rafting
The Rangitaiki scenic trip is an extraordinary adventure for the whole family and those wanting time on the water to enjoy the spectacular scenery.
The expedition starts at the base of Aniwhenua Falls in the lower Rangitaiki River. Spend 1.5 hours on the water as you paddle past cascading waterfalls, beautiful pine forest views and sheer rock gorges clad in native bush. Feel the thrill of rushing white water without going through it – it’s the best of both worlds!
The gentle rolling rapids never go above grade 2, making this a great trip for families and for those looking for a more laid back experience.
- Children aged 4 and below cannot participate in this activity due to safety reasons; children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by a paying adult
- Recommended weight for participation is 40kg - 125kg
- Trips are subject to minimum group sizes, water levels and weather conditions. Should your rafting trip be cancelled due to any circumstances. you will be informed by the operator accordingly
- Should you wish to opt for the complimentary pickup from central Rotorua accommodation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Order Number and Accommodation Details
Rafting trips commence at 1130hrs daily
What You Get
- Approximately 1.5 hours on the water
- Full training prior to rafting
- Rafting equipment such as safety helmets, life jackets, wetsuits and wetsuit booties
- Picnic lunch
- Hot shower
- Complimentary pickup from central Rotorua accommodation
- Swimsuit and towel (please bring your own!)
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher to the operator on the day of your rafting.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Murupara Motorcamp, 963 State Highway 38, Murupara, Rotorua 3025, New Zealand
If you have opted for pickup from your accommodation, you will be picked up by the operator approximately 1 hour before your trip.