Mokoia Island with Speed & Spins
Beauty and Māori history wrapped in a love story and war sits in the heart of Lake Rotorua.
Unearth the rich beauty and history of Mokoia Island, alongside the adrenaline of 30 minutes in our V8 powered jet boats. A short guided tour of Mokoia Island lets you discover an abundant wildlife sanctuary steeped in Māori culture. The perfect combination of thrill and culture.
Mokoia Island sits in the heart of Lake Rotorua, 180 meters above the lake surface and is an iconic landmark dating back to 1350 A.D. With exclusive access to Mokoia Island, you can hear NZ's most famous love story and see where it happened. Uncover little surprises by our knowledgeable local guide while you unlock the history of Mokoia Island. Home to 25 pairs of breeding kiwi, North Island Saddleback (tīeke), native robin, ducks and more, Mokoia Island is a bird watchers delight. The native bush, including ferns and Kawakawa (which you can even eat), shades you from the sun and makes the island look even more beautiful against the crater lake of Lake Rotorua.
- Stay warm and dry with free-to-use spray jackets and life jackets
- The operators have a babysitting service available for those who want to leave the little ones at the dock
- Infants aged between 2 and 4 years old are free of charge. There is a limit of 1 free infant per paying adult
Jet boat tours commence hourly from 1000hrs to 1600hrs
What You Get
- 30-minute jet boat tour on Lake Rotorua
- Exclusive admission with guided tour to Mokoia Island
- Hotel transfers and transportation
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a voucher to the operator on the day of your jet boating.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Kawarau Jet Rotorua Ltd/ Katoa Lake Rotorua
1 Lakefront Drive, Rotorua, New Zealand
*Only 2-minute walk from the centre of the city