Maori Carvings Full-Day Kayak Tour in Taupo
If you are looking for a longer day experience on the water, this is the trip for you.
We will begin our adventure in the sheltered waters of Acacia Bay. We paddle below native bush, pass steep cliffs and inlets that can only harbour a kayak, then prepare to be wowed by the Maori Rock Carvings towering 14 metres high at Mine Bay. Then, it is on to Masons Rock – an impressive volcanic fan of rock emerging from the lake. Your experienced guide will explain the carving’s cultural significance to the lake and surrounding areas while you float beneath them.
During our trip, we will stop for refreshments and a relaxing gourmet lunch, taking in the magnificent mountain views, with an opportunity to swim in the clear waters of our beautiful lake. On your return, if the breeze comes up, get to raft the kayaks together and sail back.
- Please be informed that no experience is necessary as all our trips are guided and full instruction is given
- Double kayaks are safe and easy for everyone to use; children under the age of 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult in the kayak
Two commences at 0900hrs daily
Please allow 6 hours for the entire experience.
What You Get
- Approximately 4 to 5 hours on the water
- Full instruction
- Top quality kayaking equipment
- Lunch and refreshments
- Return transfers from Taupo CBD (on request)
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher to the tour operator on the day of your kayak tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Unit 2, 876 Acacia Bay Road, Acacia Bay, Taupo
*Pickup from Taupo CBD available on request