Hell's Gate Geothermal Reserve Park
Take a walk in and around the Hell's Gate, where the centre of the earth meets the sky.
Take a guided or self-guided tour of New Zealand’s most active geothermal reserve, walking amongst erupting waters, an active mud volcano and land coral. Experience getting your hands and feet dirty in our healing mud pool or try your hand at Māori carving. You’ll soon discover the legends and myths behind Hell’s Gate.
- Please be informed that the free guided tour is at 0930hrs and 1330hrs
- Should you wish to book the return transfers to Hell's Gate, please send an email to email@example.com with your Order Number & Accommodation Details in central Rotorua
- Timings for return transfers to Hell's Gate are as follows:
- October to March: Pickup from Rotorua at 0850hrs, 1250hrs, 1650hrs, 1850hrs / Departs Hell's Gate at 1230hrs, 1630hrs, 1930hrs, 2100hrs
- April to September: Pickup from Rotorua at 0850hrs, 1250hrs, 1550hrs / Departs Hell's Gate at 1230hrs, 1530hrs, 1830hrs
- You will be automatically booked for the corresponding return transfer at the stipulated time above
- Children aged 4 and below are free of charge but still require tickets. Should you be bringing along any children aged 4 and below, please let us know via email as well
Hell's Gate is open every day except for Christmas Day.
October – March
Geothermal Reserve: 0830hrs – last entry at 1830hrs (light dependent)
Spa facilities: 0830hrs – last entry at 2030hrs
April – September
Geothermal Reserve: 0830hrs – last entry at 1600hrs
Spa facilities: 0830hrs – last entry at 1900hrs
Allow approximately 1.5 hours for your Geothermal Walk experience.
What You Get
- Geothermal walk of approximately 1.5 hours
- Māori carving
- Foot pool
- Return transfers to Hell's Gate
- Other experiences on-site, such as Mud Bath & Spa
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present your voucher upon entry on the day of your visit.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
351 State Highway 30
For ease, Hell's Gate offers a shuttle service that can collect you from various stops around central Rotorua.