Devonport Explorer Tour (from Auckland)
Experience the charm of historic Devonport and hear stories of the seaside village's past - from the original Maori settlements to today's naval operations.
Once you arrive at the Devonport ferry terminal, you will be greeted by your local guide at the end of the wharf. Board a small tour coach to begin the journey to Devonport's best sights, with historical commentary along the way. The one-hour tour itinerary is as follows (subject to change without prior notice):
- North Head - North Head guards the entrance to the harbour and was made into an artillery battery in 1885 to defend Auckland from invasion. It has several remaining gun emplacements and military tunnels to explore - not to mention great walks and views of the harbour
- Mount Victoria - Mount Victoria is the tallest volcanic cone on the North Shore, offering spectacular views of the Hauraki Gulf and Auckland City. As Mount Victoria was once a Māori pā site, you can still see terraces and pits on the hill's upper slopes. Later developed by Europeans as a military position, the mountain also boasts a Signalman's House, a disappearing gun and concrete bunkers
- Northern Beaches - Pass the pristine Cheltenham and Narrow Neck beaches, which both offer amazing views of Rangitoto Island across the Gulf
- Devonport Village - Boutique craft shops, fashion outlets and local art galleries are scattered throughout central Devonport. Walk Victoria Road to do some window shopping, and take the time at the end of the tour to unwind with a coffee or meal
- Hop on, Hop off - Want to stay a bit longer at a tour stop? Go for a swim at one of the northern beaches, or explore the tunnels of North Head. The tour operates hourly, so you can opt to be picked up and continue on the following tour. This tour can be used as an all-day pass, so you may leave the coach at any time
Tour operates daily, except for Christmas Day. Ferries to meet this tour departs Auckland hourly from 1000hrs to 1500hrs.
Please allow 2 hours for the entire experience, including ferry travel.
Please be informed that tours are not operating till further notice. Tour dates will be opened for booking once they are confirmed by the tour operator.
What You Get
- Return ferry transfers to Devonport from Auckland City
- One-hour tour with local guide in Devonport
- Hotel transfers
- Food and beverages
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher to the tour operator on the day of your tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket shortly. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
99 Quay Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand