Coromandel Town Explorer
Learn all about the history of Coromandel on this tour, which features the Driving Creek Railway, superb views over Coromandel Town and ancient Kauri groves.
Driving Creek Railway is one of Coromandel’s most popular attractions and suitable for all ages - a one-hour round trip on a narrow gauge mountain train through a replanted forest up to the Eyeful Tower viewing platform, featuring a superb view over the Coromandel Town, harbour and beyond.
Then, step into the tranquility of the forest and enjoy an afternoon guided tour to one of Coromandel’s most majestic groves of giant Kauri. Your experienced local guides unfold the story of The Coromandel Kauri and the rich history of the area. Make you way through the naturally regenerating rainforest, along the well-formed track with foot bridges and boardwalks which take you right into the heart of this spectacular grove - a personal encounter that will leave you rejuvenated.
Your typical itinerary is as follows:
- Tour departs Coromandel Town for Driving Creek Railway at 1215hrs
- Pickup from Driving Creek Railway for return to Coromandel Town 1355hrs; depart for Guided Kauri Forest Experience at 1400hrs
- Tour returns to Coromandel Town at around 1545hrs
- Your packing list should include the following: clothing suitable for the weather, water, camera
Tour departs at approximately 1215hrs and returns at around 1545hrs
What You Get
- Approximately 3.5-hour guided tour around Coromandel
- Hotel transfers
- Food and beverages
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher to the tour operator on the day of your tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Coromandel Town Carpark