Auckland Zoo Kiwi Experience
Kiwi are New Zealand’s national bird and New Zealanders are often referred to as "kiwi".
Venture behind-the-scenes to Auckland Zoo’s off-show breeding area. Meet the dedicated keepers and see kiwi conservation in action. This is a rare opportunity to meet one of this season's newly hatched kiwi chicks. These truly unique flightless birds boast some interesting traits - they are the only birds with nostrils at the end of their beaks and they lay the largest egg in relation to their body size of any bird in the world!
Having welcomed over 28 million visitors till date since opening on 17 December 1922, Auckland Zoo has evolved to become an active conservation organisation and home to 135 species and over 1,400 animals.
- To better plan your visit to Auckland Zoo, please click here
- Minimum age for paticipation is 6 years old
- Maximum group size for this experience is 4 persons
- For the safety of the Kiwi, there is no direct physical contact with them on this experience
- Please be reminded that admission to Auckland Zoo is not included in this ticket price. For Auckland Zoo tickets, please click here
The Kiwi Experience is currently on hold until further notice.
What You Get
- Intimate encounter with the resident Kiwi in Auckland Zoo
- General admission to Auckland Zoo
- Hotel transfers and transportation to and from Auckland Zoo
- Food and beverages
- Guided tours
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher upon entry on the day of your visit.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket shortly. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Motions Rd, Auckland 1022, New Zealand
Auckland Zoo is just west of downtown Auckland and next to the beautiful Western Springs Reserve and Museum of Transport and Technology (MOTAT).
MOTAT's tram network provides a convenient link between both attractions.
For more information, please click here.