Auckland Zoo Galápagos tortoise Experience
Galápagos tortoises are the longest living and largest species of tortoise in the world.
Native to the Galápagos Islands and now heavily protected by the Ecuadorian government, Auckland Zoo is home to the only Galápagos tortoises in New Zealand. Marvel at these gentle giants as you treat them to a special afternoon feed.
- Venture into the Galápagos habitat and get up-close-and-personal with the biggest tortoise on earth.
- Go behind the scenes into the Zoo fridge to collect afternoon tea for the Galápagos Tortoises.
- While you are immersed in your Experience, your skilled guide will take photos to capture your once in a lifetime experience. You will receive these in a USB at the end of the day.
- Make the most of your visit with all-day Zoo access – explore the rest of the Zoo at your leisure.
Having welcomed over 28 million visitors till date since opening on 17 December 1922, Auckland Zoo has evolved to become an active conservation organisation and home to 135 species and over 1,400 animals.
- To better plan your visit to Auckland Zoo, please click here
- Minimum age for paticipation is 5 years old
- Maximum group size for this experience is 4 persons
- For the safety of the tortoises, there is no direct physical contact with them on this experience
The Galápagos tortoise Experience is currently on hold until further notice.
What You Get
- Intimate encounter with the Galápagos tortoise in Auckland Zoo
- Admission to Auckland Zoo
- Contribution to the Auckland Zoo Conservation Fund
- Daily shows and animal encounters (unless specified on-site)
- Hotel transfers and transportation to and from Auckland Zoo
- Food and beverages
- Guided tours
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher upon entry on the day of your visit.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket shortly. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Motions Rd, Auckland 1022, New Zealand
Auckland Zoo is just west of downtown Auckland and next to the beautiful Western Springs Reserve and Museum of Transport and Technology (MOTAT).
MOTAT's tram network provides a convenient link between both attractions.
For more information, please click here.