Auckland Explorer Bus
Auckland Explorer Bus is the city's original hop on hop off sightseeing tour. Explore Auckland's top attractions in your own time and enjoy interesting commentary and friendly service along the way.
The Red Tour starts and finishes at the main Viaduct Harbour/Princes Wharf stop. It covers Auckland’s central city and waterfront highlights, including Sea Life Kelly Tarlton's Aquarium, the Sky Tower and Parnell Village. Change to the Blue Tour at the Auckland Museum, which visits attractions like Mt Eden, the Auckland Zoo and MOTAT, as well as driving by the famous Eden Park sports stadium.
Your passes include a return ferry trip across the harbour to the beautiful seaside suburb of Devonport. Visit this historic suburb and browse boutiques for unique gifts, indulge at a restaurant or cafe, go to the beach or climb North Head for harbour views.
- For information on the two routes available, please click here
- Red and Blue tours have regular departures throughout the day - approximately every 20 to 30 minutes from all stops
- Your 24-hour passes will be valid for 24 hours after the first usage; the same applies for 48-hour passes
- Your passes are valid for sailings between 0900 - 1630 hrs during weekdays, and for all sailings on weekends
- Journey time is approximately 12 minutes per way
- Ferries depart every 15 to 30 minutes
- Please visit the official website for full timetable details
Red Tour buses operate from 0900 - 1700 hrs.
Blue Tour buses operate from 0930 - 1630 hrs.
Both circuits take 60 minutes non-stop.
What You Get
- Either 24-hour or 48-hour Explorer Bus Pass - hop on and off at any stop you want!
- Interesting on-board commentary
- Return ferry trip across the harbour to Devonport
- Hotel transfers and transportation to and from Bus stops
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher upon boarding the Bus.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket shortly. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Red Tour buses depart from Stop 1: Viaduct Harbour / Princes Wharf.
Blue Tour buses depart from Stop 6: Auckland Museum.