TSS Earnslaw Cruise with Walter Peak Horse Treks & Gourmet BBQ Lunch
Unwind on a scenic horse trek through Queenstown’s stunning scenery at Walter Peak High Country Farm, followed by sumptuous BBQ lunch away from the hustle.
Your time in the saddle starts with some time onboard. Take a Lake Wakatipu cruise on the historic TSS Earnslaw to disembark at Walter Peak High Country Farm before meeting your horse and guide.
This experienced guide will take you on a horse trek across rolling high country farmland to a lookout offering spectacular views of Lake Wakatipu and the surrounding mountains. The riding is easy, the scenery incredible and the memories enduring. Great family fun, this trip is more suited to first-time or novice riders.
After returning to the stables, you will enjoy a sumptuous lunch menu, enhanced the seasonal menu with new salads, vegetables and a variety of succulent meats cooked on the wood-fired barbeque. Thereafter, an entertaining farm demonstration awaits, or you can explore the beautiful lakeside gardens.
- Bring along some cash to enjoy the delicious food and drinks on board at Promenade Café and Bar
- You are advised to wear or bring along non-slip shoes, warm clothing or jacket, sunscreen or sunglasses, and camera
- This activity is suitable for all riders of all ages, including first-time riders. However, there is a minimum age of 7 years, minimum height of 120cm, minimum weight of 100kg
- Safety helmets and wet weather clothing are provided
- For a sample lunch menu, please click here
- The TSS Earnslaw undergoes annual maintenance each year (typically early June to early July). During this period, cruise to Walter Peak is by a smaller motorised boat
TSS Earnslaw departs at 1200hrs daily, with additional departure at 1000hrs on selected dates
What You Get
- Return cruise on-board TSS Earnslaw to and from Walter Peak High Country Farm
- 40-minute leisurely guided horse trek
- Gourmet barbeque lunch at the Colonel's Homestead Restaurant - lakeside dining away from the bustle of Queenstown
- Be entertained by the farm demonstration in Walter Peak High Country Farm
- Hotel transfers and transportation to and from departure point
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present your voucher to the operator on the day of your cruise.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Real Journeys Visitor Centre, Steamer Wharf, 88 Beach Street, Queenstown