Te Anau Glowworm Caves (Departure from Queenstown)
Hop on a coach from Queenstown to explore a enigmatic underground world littered with one of Mother Nature's most spectacular glittering display.
Experience a mysterious underground world of rushing water before drifting in silent darkness beneath the luminous shimmer of hundreds of glowworms. This underground world is astonishingly beautiful and by geological standards, the caves are very young and are still being carved out by the force of the river that flows through them. The result is a twisting network of limestone passages filled with sculpted rock, whirlpools and a roaring underground waterfall.
Your trip to the Te Anau Glowworm Caves begins with a cruise to the western shores of Lake Te Anau on one of our purpose-built scenic cruise vessels. Before entering the caves at Cavern House, view the informative displays and learn about this geological wonder before you join your guide underground. On the tour of the caves, our friendly guides will point out the highlights and share their knowledge of the caves and its history. Deep inside the caves, beyond the roar of the water, you will be taken by small boat into a silent hidden grotto inhabited by hundreds of glowworms, unique to New Zealand. In the subterranean darkness, they produce a glittering display that is nothing short of extraordinary.
- It is always cold in the cave (with temperatures ranging from 8 to 12 degrees Celcius) and you are strongly advised to wear non-slip shoes/boots, waterproof jacket and warm sweater/fleece jacket
- Other items to pack include sunscreen/sunglasses and insect repellent
- Children aged 4 and below (infants) are free of charge but require a ticket as well. However, they are not encouraged to participate in the tour
- Should you require, please send an email to email@example.com with your Order Number and number of Infant tickets required
- The tour's maximum group size is 14 per guide
- There is some bending required at the caves entrance; there are steps involved
- All photography is strictly forbidden - this includes non-flash photography and video
- Maintain silence at all times, especially in the boat and caves
Tour operates from 1 September to 23 May, and departs Queenstown at 0655hrs
What You Get
- Cruise across Lake Te Anau
- Guided tour of the caves by path and by small boat
- Unlimited hot drinks
- Return coach transfer from Queenstown
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present your voucher to the tour operator on the day of your tour.
Terms and Conditions
Upon successful purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
How to Get There
Tour departs from the Visitor Centre at Steamer Wharf, 88 Beach Street