Queenstown’s Skyline Gondola (with optional Luge ride)
Enjoy unmatched, 220-degree panoramic views of Queenstown and beyond on the scenic Skyline gondola, which boasts the steepest lift in the Southern Hemisphere!
Arguably one of the best vantage points of Queenstown, watch as more and more of the city below is revealed as you ascend on your gondola ride up to the top of Bob's Peak, 450 metres above Queenstown and Lake Wakatipu. You'll begin to catch glimpses of the stunning mountain ranges that surround Queenstown, as well as the iconic Lake Wakatipu. If you want even more picturesque photos, go as the sun sets and see the city illuminated by the last light and then by the stars!
When you get to the top, discover the range of Skyline's winter warmers. To fully absorb your surroundings, you can grab lunch or dinner at the Stratosfare restaurant which features fresh and local produce. If you are lucky enough to go on a clear night, make sure to join the stargazing tour to see the night sky in all its glory. For the adventurous, take a thrilling luge ride enjoyed by all ages and abilities.
Located in central Queenstown, this must-visit attraction is only a short walk from most major Queenstown hotels!
- Skyline expects an increase in visitors from 21 December through until the end of January. The busiest times will be between 10.00am and 6.00pm each day
- Go to Skyline Direct, 19 Shotover Street, to redeem your voucher to skip the Check-in queue at Skyline bottom terminal. From 26 December to 12 January 2020, there will be a separate queue for guests with tickets and they will be given priority
- Skyline Direct is open from 9.00am to 7.00pm daily
- Please allow 45 to 60 minutes queue time to board the Gondola. For Luge, please allow 20 minutes queue time between each ride, and 2 hours to complete 5 Luge rides, excluding Gondola time
- Parking is very limited in central Queenstown, hence we recommend that you take public transport to Skyline
- Combine your visit with a sumptuous buffet or The Ledge Bungy and Swing
- It takes approximately 15 minutes to get to the summit from the Gondola base
- Vouchers are valid for 12 months from date of issue
- Skyline Luge add-ons must be utilised by the same participant. If you purchase 2 Skyline Gondola tickets with only one 2 Luge rides add-on, only one person can get on the Luge 2 times
- Admission is free for children aged 4 and below
- Children must be at least 6 years old and 110cm or taller to ride the Scenic Luge Track unaccompanied. Children must be at least 10 years old and 135cm or taller to ride the Advanced Luge Track unaccompanied
- Please refer to the official website for the Luge safety guidelines as they must be strictly adhered to at all times
Open daily from 9.00am until late
Skyline Queenstown Luge
Operates from 10:00am daily and closes at 08:00pm daily.
Closing times vary throughout the year:
- 20 - 26 Jul 05:30pm
- 27 Jul - 25 Dec 08:00pm
- 26 Dec - 6 Feb 09:00pm
You are strongly advised to check the official website when planning your visit
What You Get
- Round-trip gondola ride
- Luge rides (please select the number of rides when booking)
- Hotel transfers and transportation to and from attraction
- Other expenses (optional)
How to Use
- Please present a printed or mobile voucher at the attraction to exchange for your tickets
Terms and Conditions
Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received. In the event if the date selected is not available, alternative arrangements will be communicated via email.
- Changi Recommends and the merchant will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual's negligence.
- Changi Recommends will not be responsible for the loss of ticket caused by individual's negligence.
- The e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion.
- The value of the e-voucher is in Singapore dollars.
- Any alteration(s) on the e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant.
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations.
How to Get There
Brecon St, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand