Skippers Canyon Jet Boat Tour
Come experience unbeatable value as you are taken on a spectacular guided tour of Skippers Canyon followed by a thrilling jet boat ride through the narrowest canyons on the Shotover River.
The Jet Boat Tour begins with a guided drive into historic Skippers Canyon, with on-board commentary from your knowledgeable drivers. You will be escorted into a land rich in gold mining history and stunning scenery via the infamous Skippers Canyon Road, which was carved out of the vertical rock face by miners over 120 years ago. Getting there is half the adventure!
Once on the boat, you will feel your adrenaline surge as you power deeper into Skippers Canyon through the narrowest canyons on the Shotover River. Our highly skilled jet boat drivers manoeuvre the boat just inches from the sheer canyon walls and keep the excitement levels high with speeds in excess of 80km/h and a series of full 360-degree spins. This is the only jet boat ride where you get to experience historic gold mining relics that still remain in the river and Lord of the Rings locations - a must-do jet boat trip in Queenstown!
- Dress for the condition on the day!
- For summer, we recommend hat, sungalsses, warm top, sunscreen, insect repellent, water and a camera
- For winter, we recommend windproof warm jacket, gloves, sunglasses, water and a camera
Summer (October - April): 0830hrs, 1200hrs & 1530hrs daily
Winter (May - September): 0900hrs & 1300hrs daily
Please be at the tour departure point 10 minutes before your departure time.
What You Get
- Guided tour into Skippers Canyon
- Informative commentary from your knowledgeable bus drivers
- 30-minute jet boat experience on the upper Shotover River
- Spray jackets and life jacekts
- Return transport to and from central Queenstown
- Hotel transfers and transportation
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher to the operator on the day of your jet boat ride.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Outside the Station Building on the corner of Shotover and Camp Streets