Queenstown Skyline Stargazing with Dinner & Luge
Spend a memorable evening at Bob's Peak with this stargazing package.
On clear nights, our knowledgeable stargazing guides will lead you up Bob’s Peak where, with our powerful telescopes, you will discover sights from our galaxy not visible to the naked eye.
After the 60-minute tour, you're welcome to stay longer and enjoy a complimentary cup of home-made hot chocolate in our Stratosfare Bar.
No matter the weather, we offer both an outdoor and indoor Stargazing Experience so you are guaranteed to enjoy your night. A truly unique and memorable experience, Skyline Queenstown’s Stargazing tour is a must do.
- Skyline expects an increase in visitors from 21 December through until the end of January. The busiest times will be between 10.00am and 6.00pm each day
- Go to Skyline Direct, 19 Shotover Street, to redeem your voucher to skip the Check-in queue at Skyline bottom terminal. From 26 December to 12 January 2020, there will be a separate queue for guests with tickets and they will be given priority
- Skyline Direct is open from 9.00am to 7.00pm daily
- Please allow 45 to 60 minutes queue time to board the Gondola. For Luge, please allow 20 minutes queue time between each ride, and 2 hours to complete 5 Luge rides, excluding Gondola time
- Parking is very limited in central Queenstown, hence we recommend that you take public transport to Skyline
- It takes approximately 15 minutes to get to the summit from the Gondola base
- In case the conditions are unsuitable for the outdoor experience, we will offer you the option to book for an outdoor tour at a later date or settle into our Moonlight Theatre with a complimentary drink and snack for the indoor experience, "A Journey into the Night Sky"
- Skyline Luge add-ons must be utilised by the same participant. If you purchase one 3 Luge rides add-on, only one person can get on the Luge 3 times
- Admission is free for children aged 4 and below
- Children must be at least 6 years old and 110cm or taller to ride the Scenic Luge Track unaccompanied. Children must be at least 10 years old and 135cm or taller to ride the Advanced Luge Track unaccompanied
- Please refer to the official website for the Luge safety guidelines as they must be strictly adhered to at all times
- Dining time is limited to 90 minutes for both lunch and dinner
- All tables are to be vacated by 1545hrs for lunch
- Meal durations during Christmas and New Year's Eve are subject to change without notice
- Windowed seating is allocated on a first-come-first-serve basis
- Lunch and dinner menu is seasonal and inspired by iconic NZ cuisine and infused with international influences: fresh seafood, great vegetarian options, and delectable desserts
Skyline Queenstown Luge operates from 10:00am daily and closes at 08:00pm daily.
You are strongly advised to check the official website when planning your visit.
Dinner & Stargazing
Due to ever-changing sunset times, tour & dinner times vary. Please click here for the tour timetable
*You are strongly advised to utilise your Luge rides before your dinner & stargazing.
What You Get
- Return gondola ride
- Choice of 1, 2, 3 or 5 Luge ride(s) per person
- 90-minute buffet lunch or dinner at Stratosfare Restaurant
- 60-minute Stargazing tour
- Down jacket to keep you cosy and warm
- Complimentary cup of hot chocolate
- Hotel transfers and transportation to and from Skyline Gondola
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a printed or mobile voucher at the attraction to exchange for your gondola tickets.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher shortly. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Brecon St, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand