Milford Sound, Franz Josef and Mount Cook Charter
An epic adventure that encompasses all the major sights in the lower South Island.
From our Queenstown Base, take in the beauty of the Southern Alps and The Divide on the way to Milford Sound. The contrasting glacier landing on the neve of the Franz Josef Glacier next awaits you and is truly magnificent. Your journey doesn’t stop here; you then fly to the heart of the Aoraki/Mount Cook National Park, viewing spectacular hanging glaciers and rivers of moving ice.
Our journey home takes us over stunning glacial landscapes, one of which we will land on before returning to Queenstown. This is a truly memorable way to view the South Island from the air.
- Your packing list should include the following: warm clothing, sturdy covered shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen, camera
- Each helicopter can hold up to 6 passengers (infants aged 3 and below included), or a combined weight of 480kg. Within that, 2 passengers must not exceed a combined weight of 153kg in order to occupy the front two seats. To complete your booking, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Order Number, Weight of all passengers & Accommodation Details
- All helicopter flights are subject to favourable weather conditions. If your flight is cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Flights, landings and routes may vary due to weather and at the pilot’s discretion
- Please be advised that iPads and selfie sticks are not allowed on board for safety reasons
Your helicopter charter commences at 0900hrs daily
You will be informed of your pickup time by the operator nearer to your charter date.
What You Get
- Private helicopter charter, with five scenic landings
- Informative pilot commentary
- Transfers from your Queenstown accommodation
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher on the day of your charter.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
The helicopter departs at The Helicopter Line Base, Lucas Place, Queenstown, New Zealand. You will be picked up at your accommodation prior to the charter.