Lakeshore, Forest and Bird - Private Tour
Immerse yourself in native vegetation, bird life, history and scenic views, all while being isolated from the busy township of Queenstown.
This half-day walk is an easy stroll, through a unique microclimate where plants are protected from the elements so species are more prevalent than elsewhere. Native birds are readily seen and heard. You’ll be introduced to an array of edible and medicinal plants used by Māori and European settlers.
The walk begins in native shrub and beech forest, and the track leads down through the forest to the edge of Lake Wakatipu. Marvel at the great views, looking out through the trees and over the water to the mountains beyond. Move at a leisurely pace through native beech forest, stopping for morning or afternoon tea on the lakeshore to admire the views of The Remarkables and Cecil Peak across the lake.
Head back through native forest along the lakefront to your transport bound for Queenstown.
- You are advised to wear sturdy footwear for this tour, although track condition is generally good
- To complete your booking, please send an email to email@example.com with your Order Number and Accommodation Details
- Please be informed that the maximum tour group size is 4 participants (excluding tour guide)
- Low to moderate level of fitness and agility required; the pace is mostly an easy stroll suitable for most but a good walking fitness will make the walk more enjoyable
Tour commences at 0800hrs and 1330hrs
Please allow 4 hours for the entire tour.
What You Get
- Private half-day tour of approximately 4 hours for up to 4 participants
- Walking poles
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher to the tour operator on the day of your tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
You will be picked up by the tour operator from your Queenstown accommodation on the day of your tour.