Fox Glacier Heli-hike (Departure from Queenstown)
Fly to Fox Glacier from Queenstown to fulfil your dream of glacier hiking.
The one-hour fixed-wing flight from Queenstown to Fox Glacier is certainly spectacular but the highlight of this trip is the glacier Heli Hike. The experienced guides will take you into a deep part of the glacier via a scenic helicopter flight. The helicopter passes over the deep crevasses of the icefalls and waterfalls to land in the depths of Fox Glacier. From there, you’ll be fitted with crampons for the two hours on the ice, exploring caves and seeing the natural, ever-changing wonder of one of the glaciers in South Island of New Zealand.
- Your packing list should include the following: sunglasses and sunscreen, light refreshments, warm hat and gloves, camera
- You are strongly encouraged to wear three to four layers of warm upper body clothing; jeans are not recommended on wet days as they become very cold and uncomfortable to wear
- To complete your boooking, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Order Number and Accommodation Details in Queenstown
Summer (October - April): 0930 - 1630 hrs daily
Winter (May - September): 0830hrs - 1600 hrs daily
You will be picked up by your tour operator prior to the commencement of the tour.
What You Get
- Complimentary transport between your accommodation and Queenstown Airport
- 60-minute flights between Queenstown and Fox Glacier township, taking a different route back via Mt. Aspiring if possible
- 4-hour heli-hike, with 2 hours on the ice and scenic helicopter flights to and from the glacier
- All equipment - crampons, boots, socks, ice axes
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher to the operator on the day of your jet boat ride.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
You will be picked up by your tour operator from your accommodation in Queenstown.