Get an exciting up-close encounter with the world's largest toothed predator the Giant Sperm Whale in their natural environment.
The main focus of this tour is to locate and view the Giant Sperm Whale. As around 80% of the world’s whale and dolphin species migrate past the Kaikōura coastline, there is the opportunity for other species of marine mammals to be sighted. Depending on the amount of time available after viewing the Sperm whales, the captain of the vessel may decide to move in along the coastline and see what other types of marine life can be encountered. They can include Dusky and Hector Dolphins, and the New Zealand Fur Seal. Kaikōura is also home to around 75% of the world’s pelagic sea bird species, which include Wandering and Royal Albatross, Mollymawk Albatross, Petrels, Shearwaters, Prions, Fulmars, Gannets, Terns and Herons.
Throughout your tour, there is an onboard visual presentation, “World of the Whales” – an experience that takes passengers “virtually” to the bottom of the Kaikōura undersea canyon. The presentation also provides information for a variety of marine life found in Kaikōura waters.
- Please prepare medicine for motion sickness just in case
- While the main passenger cabin is enclosed, the large outside decks can get chilly at times - please dress warmly should you wish to stay outside for the great viewing and photo opportunities
- Tour participant numbers for each tour are kept well below the vessel carrying capacity to ensure that your tour experience remains a personal one
- Time spent on the water is just over 2 hours - you are advised to allow 3 hours 15 minutes in total for check-in time, safety briefing, bus transfers, and whale watching
- With an impressive 95% success rate in sighting a whale, you are guaranteed an 80% refund if your tour does not see a whale
Check-in times are at 0715hrs, 1000hrs & 1245hrs all-year round
What You Get
- Whale watching experience in Kaikoura
- Hotel transfers and transportation to and from check-in point
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present your voucher to the operator on the day of your whale watching.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Whaleway Station Road, Kaikoura 7340, New Zealand