Whale Watch Helicopter Flights (Premier)
A flight that showcases the very best the beautiful coastal town of Kaikōura has to offer, from the wonderful marine creatures to the towering peaks of the Seaward Kaikōura Ranges.
This one-hour experience shows you the incredible marine wildlife that exists here in Kaikōura, then takes you to the top of the Seaward Kaikōura Ranges for a landing in the peaks. View the mighty sperm whale and the other whales, as well as dolphin species that come to feed in the nutrient rich waters off Kaikoura.
During your experience with us, you will be taken on a journey above one of New Zealand’s most unique areas, the underwater Kaikōura Canyon. Enjoy our longest whale watching flight to go out and spot the amazing wildlife. There is also a chance to view the resident dusky dolphins and New Zealand fur seals before heading up into the mountains.
This experience then takes you to along the beautiful coastline up to the spectacular Seaward Kaikōura Ranges for an alpine landing on the mountains, which rise over 1600 meters out of the ocean. Soak in the incredible scenic views, before heading back along the rugged coastline of Kaikoura, enjoying the views and spotting any other wildlife that are in the area. Stunning vistas and photo opportunities of the Kaikoura Peninsula, Seaward Kaikoura Mountain Ranges, and the Pacific Ocean await you at every turn.
- The sperm whales in Kaikoura are found year-round feeding on the rich waters flowing through the underwater Kaikoura Canyon. They typically follow a pattern throughout the day of diving down to feed, then returning to the surface to breathe. There is no specific time of day that is better or worse to see the whales
- To complete your booking, please send an email to email@example.com with your Order Number and Weight of all Participants
- Children aged 2 and below generally fly free of charge, provided they are seated on a parent or caregiver's lap, and weigh less than 18kg. Children under the age of 12 must fly with an adult
- Rain isn’t normally an issue for the pilots but if on the odd occasion you are unable to fly due to high winds and poor visibility, your flight can be rescheduled. Alternatively, if rescheduling your flight is not an option, we can refund your ticket price
- Kaikoura has a year-round Sperm Whale and dolphin population, as well as other frequently visiting whale species. The operator has a long history of operation and a fantastic success rate; the pilots are trained to spot whales and are familiar with their surfacing and breathing habits. Whales are wild animals, free to roam in their natural environment. As the operator has no control over their movements, whale sightings cannot be guaranteed
1200hrs, 1345hrs, 1500hrs daily
What You Get
- 60-minute scenic helicopter flight
- Alpine landing in the peaks of the Kaikōura Ranges, with incredible scenic views
- Complimentary return transfers to helipad
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a voucher to the operator on the day of your flight.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
72 West End, Kaikoura 7300, New Zealand