Whale Watch Helicopter Flights (Ocean Safari)
In stunning Kaikoura, experience the magnificent wildlife and scenery from the comfort of a helicopter and see sperm whales from top to tail! Your 45-minute tour lets you view the whales and see breathtaking views of mountains and sea.
Head out from the Helipads straight over the Kaikōura Whale Sanctuary to view some of nature's most amazing marine life. This extended tour gives you longer to view the wildlife and the opportunity for a landing in a helicopter accessible only location.
After the briefing at our airport, head out and explore what Kaikōura has to offer! You will be airborne in mere seconds, searching for the amazing leviathans of the deep: the sperm whales - the world's largest toothed whales - that are year-round residents of Kaikoura. You will also experience stunning vistas of the Seaward Kaikōura Mountain Ranges, as well as the Kaikōura Peninsula, and the vastness of the Pacific Ocean.
After a successful whale sighting, fly along the coastline and try to spot other wildlife, including the resident populations of dusky dolphins, as well as New Zealand fur seals, with the gorgeous backdrop of mountains and sea at every turn. If time allows, your pilot will take you to an exclusive landing site, where you can get out of the aircraft and experience incredible vistas of the mountains and sea.
- The sperm whales in Kaikoura are found year-round feeding on the rich waters flowing through the underwater Kaikoura Canyon. They typically follow a pattern throughout the day of diving down to feed, then returning to the surface to breathe. There is no specific time of day that is better or worse to see the whales
- To complete your booking, please send an email to email@example.com with your Order Number and Weight of all Participants
- Children aged 2 and below generally fly free of charge, provided they are seated on a parent or caregiver's lap, and weigh less than 18kg. Children under the age of 12 must fly with an adult
- Rain isn’t normally an issue for the pilots but if on the odd occasion you are unable to fly due to high winds and poor visibility, your flight can be rescheduled. Alternatively, if rescheduling your flight is not an option, we can refund your ticket price
- Kaikoura has a year-round Sperm Whale and dolphin population, as well as other frequently visiting whale species. The operator has a long history of operation and a fantastic success rate; the pilots are trained to spot whales and are familiar with their surfacing and breathing habits. Whales are wild animals, free to roam in their natural environment. As the operator has no control over their movements, whale sightings cannot be guaranteed
1000hrs, 1045hrs, 1130hrs, 1300hrs, 1415hrs, 1600hrs daily
What You Get
- 45-minute scenic helicopter flight
- Exclusive landing sites in the coastal mountains
- Complimentary return transfers to helipad
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a voucher to the operator on the day of your flight.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
72 West End, Kaikoura 7300, New Zealand