Kaikoura Sea Fishing Tour with Captain Tomo
Join Captain Tomo on his fishing adventures in the beautiful Kaikoura area.
Tomo has vast fishing experience and is your basic and classic Kiwi bloke! A dry sense of humour and a passion for ensuring that you receive the best possible fishing experience he can deliver, a great day awaits you out on Kaikoura waters.
On this two to four-hour excursion with Captain Tomo, you will get the opportunity to catch a variety of fish, such as the infamous crayfish (New Zealand lobster) which are plentiful around the Kaikoura coastline. Other fish like Terakihi, Gurnard and Grouper are often caught but the thrill for many is when it comes time to haul in the crayfish pots. When these are hauled to the surface, more often than not, they contain crayfish. You then help to re-bait the pot, sort and measure the crayfish (to comply with New Zealand fisheries' regulations), and are able to take some home with you.
- Your packing list should include: sunglasses, sunscreen, and medicine for motion sickness (if required)
- It is not guaranteed that every participant will take home a lobster or crayfish as with fishing there are never any guarantees, but in most cases you will likely take home one of these magnificent eating crustaceans for your evening meal!
Departure time is subject to change daily due to weather conditions. Please indicate "Morning" or "Afternoon" session when making your booking and the operator will get in touch with you via email with the available timeslots for you to select.
Kaikoura Sea Fishing Tour does not operate from 1 June to 1 September. It resumes on 2 September.
What You Get
- Approximately 2 hours of sea angling
- All fishing equipment
- Hotel transfers and transportation
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present your voucher to the tour operator on the day of your tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
24 Moa Road, South Bay, Kaikoura