Kaikoura Sea Fishing Tour with Captain Malcolm
Welcome to Top Catch Kaikoura, where you can expect a great day on the ocean aboard a purpose-built 6.2-metre Osprey Boat, “First Light”.
While visiting Kaikoura, enjoy a memorable fishing experience with your fully qualified skipper and captain, Malcolm Halstead, who has 35 years' experience fishing in the waters of the South Island.
Once on the water, it is a short trip to our abundant fishing grounds, where you can expect some truly exceptional fishing action. All this is going on in the breathtaking scenic backdrop of the Seaward Kaikoura ranges, including the majestic Mount Fyffe. All you need to bring is your camera and some refreshments as the rest is supplied by us - we will even bait the hooks and remove your fish to get you back in the action as soon as possible.
The fishing has to be seen to be believed with good catches of Perch and Blue Cod to be expected, along with the once-in-a-lifetime experience of assisting with the checking of some craypots. You will be encouraged to help out with the pots to get a feel of how this industry works.
- Your packing list should include: sunglasses, sunscreen, and medicine for motion sickness (if required)
- Children aged 5 and below are free of charge but for accurate headcount, the operator needs to know the number of children on-board. Should you be bringing any children aged 5 and below, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Order Number and No. of Children aged 5 and below
1000hrs, 1200hrs, 1400hrs, 1600hrs
Kaikoura Sea Fishing Tour does not operate from 1 June to 31 August. It resumes on 1 September.
What You Get
- Approximately 2 hours of sea angling
- All fishing equipment
- Hotel transfers and transportation
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present your voucher to the tour operator on the day of your tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
South Bay Marina, Kaikoura
Look for a white boat with the words Top Catch Charters.