Guided Seal Kayaking Half Day Experience
Enjoy kayaking around Kaikoura's aquatic wonderland and watching New Zealand's marine life at its very best.
Experience the excitement of watching Fur Seals ducking, weaving and diving around your kayak. Paddle gently along with them as they swim around the Kaikoura Peninsula hunting for their favourite feed of Octopus. Be sure to keep your distance as they devour their delicious dinner in front of you, then watch in amazement as hundreds of Pelagic (ocean going) birds swoop in to clean up the tasty leftovers.
This adventure around the beautiful coastal waters takes in the breathtaking views of sheer cliff faces, craggy rocks and mountain ranges, while searching for chance encounters with Dusky Dolphins and Blue Penguins.
- The operator guarantees that you will see the New Zealand Fur Seals on the guided kayaking tours. While there are no promises, you may be lucky enough to have chance encounters with Dusky or Hector's dolphins. Pods of dolphins are often seen, and the Kaikoura coastline hosts a huge variety of seabirds, including the mighty albatross, petrels and shearwaters. Don't forget to look out for the little Blue penguins bobbing in the water as well
0830hrs & 1230hrs daily
Allow 3.5 hours for the whole experience.
What You Get
- All kayaking and safety gear
- Basic kayaking and paddling lessons
- Approximately 1.5 to 2 hours of kayaking around the coastline
- Professional local guide
- Hotel transfers and transportation
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present your voucher to the operator on the day of your kayaking.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
19 Killarney Street, Kaikoura 7300